For all of us who has pet dogs would love to get a fence for our yard. The fence will allow our dog to have his own nice place to play and run without the dangers of wandering outside the yard.
The task of fencing our yard requires time, money and effort from us. It is one task that can be very expensive and difficult particularly for those who have a lot of ground to cover. So, that is when the dog fence technology comes in. There are different types of systems for a dog fence but we will specifically talk about PetSafe Wireless Dog Fence.
PetSafe Wireless Dog Fence
PetSafe Wireless Dog Fence is the newest technology made by PetSafe for dog containment. One of the most humane and as well most effective system for dog confinement on the market today is the wireless dog fence. They are more efficient than the traditional fences that are used for containing pet dogs because of many reasons.
1. PetSafe Wireless Dog Fence is a do-it-yourself system which made it convenient for everyone. This is very good for those who prefer the easiest installation. What makes this dog containment system a no brainer to most dog owners are the transmitters and the receiver collars that are simple to use. Setting it up is easy with the use of one or several transmitters depending on the size of the containment area. With this system, there is no need to bury wires, dig trenches and all the other things which a traditional fence requires.
2. This system is also very portable that you can bring it with you anywhere you go. This portability feature is great particularly to those who love to bring their pet with them wherever they go.
3. After plugging the dog fence, what you need to do next is to set up the range you want for the boundary. This system comes with flags. These flags will make the boundary’s edge which you set on the PIF-300. This is the best dog fence system in the market today in the similar category. It is able to cover twice the range that can be covered by the other wireless dog fence. You can cover one area to up to 180 feet in diameter with just one transmitter. This is too much for most of the conventional yards.
4. If what you have is a larger area of land to cover, another great feature is that you can purchase additional transmitters to increase your coverage area. More than two transmitters can be added to this system. However, there is one thing that you need to remember when considering these containment products and it is that these transmitters are not waterproof. Therefore, it is important to keep it in safe locations when it is used outside.
5. Another great thing about PetSafe Wireless Dog Fence is that you can use it with unlimited number of pets. It is, however, important that all of them use the appropriate receiver collar. These receiver collars are also easily available in the market. You can also purchase them separately in cases that you need replacement of the system’s part and not of the entire system.
6. There are also power inverters which are great for those who like to stay outdoors. They allow the Best GPS Dog Fence to be plugged into your vehicle. This is a great option since we know the kind of trouble that our pets can get into when they are faced with a new environment.
7. This is also a cost efficient system for dog containment since pet owners can save hundreds without the need to install the traditional fence.
The wireless dog fence can be easily installed by plugging it into the transmitter. You have the option to place the transmitter out of the way or of out of the sight. It is the transmitter which emits signal to the receiver collar.
When your dog wears the receiver collar, he will get the signal warning him that he is near the border. A mild static-like shock will be given off by the collar if the dog will continue to go near the parameter. This is the same shock that you get from new carpet or clothing.
The shock will of course not continue but it is rather a short shock that will train the pet. After all, this system is created to train the dog to remain in the boundary and not to harm him.